Who’s enjoying blogmas?
So yesterday I got nominated for the Liebster Blogger Award 2017 thanks to the wonderful Zoe who’s lovely blog you can find right here. It was such a nice thing to wake up to. I’ve had this blog for less than two months so I’m thankful for every visit I get and didn’t think I’d ever get noticed for this award, so I’m super thankful. Basically, The Liebster Award is a virtual award passed around from blogger to blogger and it’s a lovely idea. Please keep it going! My nominations are after my answered questions.
And onto the questions…
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
I’ve always loved writing and I think my current writing platforms were beginning to tire me out so I wanted something new. I saw a lot of local bloggers’ blogs and a few people inspired me to have a go at it.
2. What is one thing you have done in 2017 you are proud of?
I got my first full time job ever this year which has been quite a big deal for me (I’m going to be writing about that soon). And then my second full time job after that. I think I’ve grown in confidence a hell of a lot over the past year and I’m pretty proud of that. I definitely prefer who I am now compared to who I was last year. I’ve grown up a lot.
3. If you could meet one celebrity alive or not who would it be and why?
I’ve met my two favourite celebrities already, so I won’t mention them. I’d love to meet Jordy Lucas who’s best known for playing Summer in Neighbours. I’m not sure she counts as a celebrity, but I’m so inspired by this lady. She’s so so kind and feels me with joy on a daily basis. She’s one of the people who inspired me to make a blog and she makes me want to be a better person so I’d absolutely love to meet her. I think she’s just the perfect role model and she’s a March baby like me so she’s clearly awesome!
Also, I have to mention Aidan Turner, don’t I.
4. What is one goal for 2018?
Try and find a way to fit exercise into my daily schedule more and to start eating less. And to stop running away when problems arise. That’s all I can really think of, basically just making myself healthier.
5. What advice would you give to someone wanting to start a blog?
Don’t do what everybody else does, make something for yourself that means something to you! There are so many blogger trends that I just don’t care about and I’m sure others don’t either. As long as your blog is about you and shows who you are then I’d definitely want to read it! Don’t stress about it, just write what you want to write and don’t get influenced by what everybody else is doing. At the end of the day, people will want to read blog posts you’re passionate about.
6. What is your favourite blog post so far?
I’ve not done tons of posts here yet, but definitely my one about Cocoon Child
! I’d love to work with more charities to help raise money for charity, so this one was definitely very special for me.
7. What is you dream holiday?
I’d love to go to Venice! It’s appealed to me for some time so I’d give anything to be able to go there. I’d also love to travel Australia but I’m not sure how I’d cope with the heat. I’d love to go to New York one day too.
8. What is your favourite time of the year?
I’ve always thought Spring because I love when the evenings begin to get lighter, the flowers start to grow and the days begin to get warmer. But I’m really loving winter at the moment. Sure, it’s a bit annoying going to work when it’s dark and getting home when it’s also dark, but there’s a lovely feeling in the air at the moment.
9. Any pets? Pictures are great!
I don’t have any that live with me at the moment, but back at my parent’s I have a dog called Syrup who I got to see yesterday, which was fantastic. And a few ducks!
10. Who is your biggest inspiration?
Ahhh this is difficult. I suppose really it comes down to being my parents and my best friend, Liv. Genuinely amazing, good people. And in terms of celebrities, it would have to be Jordy Lucas again. I already spoke about how much she inspires me.
11. What is a quote that you live by?
“In amongst seven billion, there’s someone like you. That’s why I put up with the rest of them.” Probably not your typical quote to live by, but there are so many awful people in the world that it’s worth living for the few that are wonderful!
11 random facts about me:
- I like fajitas a bit too much
- I’m an only child
- I once flew a plane over Portsmouth
- I hate both coffee and tea
- I’d spend all my time writing if I could
- I’ve not been single since I was 19
- I hate cats
- My favourite clothes stores are Salt Rock & Victoria’s Secret
- My legs are really quite long (as long as my boyfriend’s and he’s about 6ft or more) but the rest of me is really short so I somehow come in at an average height
- Turquoise has been my favourite colour for most of my life
- I still watch Pokemon
For my Nominees, please read on and keep the Liebster Award going!
The rules are as follows:
1.Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you. (or however many they posted for you!)
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Here are your questions:
1. What is your favourite thing about having a blog?
2. What is on your bucket list?
3. What are your favourite and least favourite things about Christmas?
4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
5. Do you have any pets?
6. When did you start your blog?
7. How did you pick your blog’s name?
8. Describe yourself in three words
9. What’s your favourite blog post you’ve ever written?
10. What do you hope to achieve in 2018?
11. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you’d buy?